Dental Bridges in Lynn Fill in the Gaps
Sometimes, dental procedures leave a large gap between teeth that can easily draw attention to itself and cause other problems. If you have such a situation, then a bridge may be the answer for you. There are many different bridges to choose from that include:
- Among the most common on the market, traditional bridges close any empty spaces that exist between one or more teeth. False teeth are secured by using a series of crowns on a patient’s teeth. The false tooth can be placed on whatever side that space exists on, thus filling in any apparent gaps that are noticeable in between an individual’s teeth.
- Cantilever bridges are used to replace a single tooth that does not have any additional supporting teeth on both sides of the area that is affected.
- Maryland bonded bridges consist of artificial teeth and gums that are generally held together by a single metal frame.
Once you and your dental provider have decided on a course of action, you will:
- Be advised of the types of material that will be used in your bridge work
- Advised of the different lab tests that you may have to undergo.
Generally, the materials used will depend on the area where the bridge is to be inserted, your dental insurance coverage along with several other factors that will be outlined by your dentist to you.
Most dental bridges that are used today are made from a variety of different compounds, such as:
- Porcelain and metal
- Porcelain and gold
- High strength materials that are free of metals such as alumina or zirconia.
Several x-rays will be taken in the area that requires a bridge to be inserted. Based upon the number of teeth that you are missing, a dentist may decide to give you a bridge that consists of three or more different units.
Your bridge fitting will require three visits to Alegre Dental. The first visit consists of fitting a patient’s teeth with a supporting bridge that is used to make room for the device. The patient will then be fitted for crowns. During the next, crowns are bonded to the teeth that surround the open space in an individual’s mouth. Different molds are then taken for the bridge that will be inserted for the time being. On the last visit, dental bridges are secured to any supporting crowns found in a patient’s mouth.
Give Alegre Dental office your Lynn Cosmetic Dentist Center a call today to schedule a comprehensive appointment in order to determine what dental procedure will suit your existing needs.